A host of new groups are reviving the grassroots fight for racial equality.
Ezekiel Kweku on what he sees when he looks at Michael Brown, Ferguson, and the nation’s response to the death of young black men.
I don’t write enough but always feel the need to elaborate.
if i as a retail worker have to work with a dozen cameras pointed at me to deter me from stealing $10, cops should have to work with a camera pointed at them to deter them from arbitrarily maiming and killing people
- me: *owns 264 unread books*
- me: *buys 17 new books*
- me: *rereads harry potter*
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
i’m so fucking low right now. i don’t trust myself.